View Single Post

Old 05-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Sage

[quote=rubicon;673207]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTrack View Post
Hey, why did you edit your post and remove the great story of you and your wife knowing each other since she was 13.....and could still honestly wear white to y'alls wedding?

I was going to say that stories like that...are great to hear.

I was however, also going to mention that we all have anecdotal stories...that don't necessarily apply to the whole.

I think the earlier post above, that cited actual facts from the CDC showing birth rates being at an all time per-capita low for 15-19 year olds....goes a long way in dispelling the notion that things were always better in the "good old days."

Just my $.02.

Ontrack: I original posted it to meet nitehawk's challenge but then remembered my wife is a very private person. So out of respect for her privacy I edited a portion of the post. However apparently not before some folks had an opportunity to read it. the story is true

A poster posit that we must make way for new progressive thinking and that avent-garde thinking requires a sexual permissve society ...but then I remembered that one of the reasons Rome fell was because of that very avent-garde thinking that lead it to a cancerous decay of their society.

Why would one encourage such behavior in young people that can only poison theirs minds and spirits?
I feel I should say something here as I have been so vocal on this paticular thread, but ???? I love everyone in The Villages and try to follow the intent rather than the words, but I am baffled with this one. No ill feeling to you and I hope you are well. Love and kisses to everyone and to everyone a good night. Please accept my apology if I drove you in this direction. I am finished with this thread.