View Single Post

Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2soon View Post
So, I went with Citizens Mortgage for the basic reason that "they can be sure to get it done on time" "they are experts in the Villages" etc. Well, it's 8 days before closing and I had not signed the waiver that I don't need the appraisal 3 days before closing. I want to see the appraisal beforehand. They have just informed me that "for one reason or another" the appraiser can't get in to do it until May 13 and I either have to waive the 3 day and receive the appraisal at closing or move the closing date.

Has anyone else been thru this and had this done? I told them I won't close without an appraisal.

Any thoughts from people with more experience in these things than I have?
What good is seeing it 3 days before? The bank is the one who will say if the appraisal is low you need to put up more money, not likely though.

Bottom line is they can get it done but you won't let them.

I bought two houses in the villages and did not use citizens and each time I had no problems. Citizen's rates were higher than the competition.

Funny thing is they don't care if you won't close, they'll take your deposit and sell the place to someone else, so you have no leverage, accept it and move on.