View Single Post

Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Default Chordie.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
Well the first format was...Lets have fun.. play easy stuff (3 or 4 chord progressions) and just get the rust off.. That is still the basic format.. for now it's still evolving..
Lets get folks who haven't played in a while a chance to play..to meet other musicians in the area and to "knock some rust off " so to speak.. The last time we played at Bradenton in April we had some great folks there and we had a good time and it was fun to play again. I've lived here for almost 4 years and I finally broke the keys out again and I had a blast although rusty. That is the purpose of this get together.. everyone can come out and play. At the last gathering we just went with the flow. so to speak and let everyone do what they do best musically. This time though(and I hate to make rules) it will be a little easier if you have a song that you want to play please bring a few chord sheets for the song. Chordie.com is usually a good reference.
So please .. Show up .. bring your wives or siginifigant others.. and what you want to wet your whistle with.. and lets knock that rust off together for a few hours. BTW we have the room for 3 hours which between set up and knock down leaves us about 2hrs to play so the closer to 3 that you can get there the better... Thanks... Dan
I love TOTV. I am always learning new things from the fantastic members on it.
Dan, THANKS SO MUCH. I just went to this site, picked up my old guitar and played for two hours, all off of the site. By the way, I only know a few chords and have not played in YEARS, but had a ball. Wish I was up there to join you all. Have a great time.
Ira