View Single Post

Old 05-14-2013, 04:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Savella to Treat Fibromyalgia: Benefits & Side Effects
Copy and paste this link into your browser. It sums it up for you as far as side effects and all. I also have fibromyalgia and have had a bad flare up lately. I hope this works for you.
Thank you for your suggestion. I actually had done the online research; I'm now more interested in hearing of the experiences of those who use--or have used--this medication for fibromyalgia. I live in a constant flare-up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2soon View Post
it appears to be another medication that does what cymbalta does and effexor.
all affect the neurotransmitters seratonin and norepinephrine. No effexor may not have the FDA indication for fibromyalgia but should work. Cymbalta is for both depression and pain. It looks like this medication actually went for fibromyalgia as it's FDA indication and they are trying to make that look like it makes a difference. Though theoretically, all should do the same thing but in clinical practice, one may work better for a person than another just because we are all aren't identical entities. It will definitely be more expensive than effexor which is available as a generic and probably more expensive than cymbalta which has been out for awhile and if it can work for you will be closer to a less expensive generic coming out.
Thank you too for your info. I tried Cymbalta at the suggestion of my pain management doctor. The issue I ran into was that at first it did nothing for me, and as he increased the dose, it continued to do nothing but caused a side effect of forgetfulness! Since it didn't help with the pain, I weaned myself off it and am no worse off but am less forgetful! I don't even want to think about the cost of Savella; my Part D Prescription Drug Plan is an outrage and an insult, but that's a whole other thread....