View Single Post

Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post

I chose this particular discussion group to make this post because it has both title elements for me personally. This is because the author, my uncle (my late mother's brother) who I felt very close to, passed away the day before yesterday at the age of 83. He had quite a sense of humor. My mother thought my humor was similar to his, which was evident in that she frequently called his name when she was addressing me.

The thoughts my uncle has listed here were published fairly recently in an Army related retiree's group which my uncle was Chaplain. The group was called the ASA Chitose Association and is a social group consisting of veterans that were at one time or another stationed in Japan and wanted to keep in touch following their service.

Those interested in reading more on Chitose may do so at ASA Chitose Association History Page
How fortunate that you had him in your experience. What a gift he was to you and you must have been a delight to him I am sure. You come from good stock, my friend.
May your beloved Uncle be at rest and peace in his job well done.