View Single Post

Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden guru View Post
Having moved into Fernandina in April from the Midwest, I was shocked when a neighbor told me that rats live in the dead fronds of palm trees. Thinking that the neighbor didn't know what he was talking about, I recently asked a pest control company representative about it, and he told me the same thing. Unfortunately, on two different occasions I have even seen rats run across cart paths in broad daylight, as well as one run across the road near Spanish Springs in the middle of the afternoon. How can the powers-that-be in The Villages mount a massive campaign to market this place as "Florida's Healthiest Hometown" but continue to allow residents to grow palm trees known to harbor rats? The developer even continues to plant such trees in common areas of The Villages! As a retired registered nurse, I find the practice outrageous. Healthiest hometown? Really? Not by any thinking person's standard!
Just moved here in April . Four posts , All negative about conditions in TV
Hmmmmmmmmm