View Single Post

Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I cannot walk very far and I get around using a personal mobility scooter. I have used it to go from Colony Plaza to my home in Hadley and have used it to go from my home to our Hadley mail station on Odell. So far I haven't had any problems. Whichever way I travel to and from our mail box on Odell, I have to ride part of the time on the side of Odell Cir before I can access a sidewalk or enter the mail station.

Today I tried for the first time to take Havana Trail to Odell and noticed that there is a golf cart trail that could short cut me to Odell and it would also be the only way I could get to the mail box without driving on the side of Odell Cir.

My problem is that I'm not sure if that cart path is used exclusively for those playing golf. Even using Google Earth it's not clear. I would like to use it since it would keep me off the higher speed Odell where golf carts have to cross over to the car lane to pass me, but don't know if I'm breaking any rules or regulations by using the path from Havana to Odell.

Can anyone provide any advise or comments. Thanks! The Villages Florida
Sky, Question on mobility scooter. Friends husband had stroke and needs to find scooter with bigger tires. They live on backroad and farm...lots of uneven ground but also be able to put on back of van for WalMart, etc. for mobility. He has fallen many times. Best product, make, model, etc. in your opinion and possibly others opinions? Thanks. BTW, they live in NW PA near Erie and Ohio border. Bigger tires may help in packed/plowed snow to mailbox??