View Single Post

Old 06-08-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It hurts my heart to hear that anyone thinks that folks are looking down on anyone here. I suppose there are those people who are uppity and think where they live is better than where "they" live but they are WRONG. There was a thread last week where someone failed to show up at a home on the historic side to look at an item for sale. The poster said that a car went slowly down the street and turned around in his driveway and he was absolutely certain it was because his house didn't "measure up" somehow. That would be one of the last things I would think ever, because I feel that I am just like most people who see things like size of houses as not important AT ALL.

I hope that the complaints heard here that the developer is to blame are wrong. I am fairly sure that I learned from someone that the historic side has been "turned over" to it's residents to run now that it is past twenty years old.

I can well understand anyone being sensitive about criticism of the place that they choose to live and love. None of us have a right to think any of us are superior for any reason at all. It is simply wrong. Who cares whose house is bigger? Big DEAL! We are all on this earth at this stage of our lives with a much shorter span in front of us than behind us and I see clearly that our job is to look out for each other and calm other and help each other and try to make this part of our lives as positive and good as we can.

Help me down from this pulpit please.

Let us not have issues arise over this very not worthy thing. It is simply not right.
Thank you Gracie!