View Single Post

Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Location: TV (North of 466)-Lived: IN,MI,CH,IL,TX,UT,OH,GA,NC,FL

Always enjoyed 'visiting' (own home) The Villages.
Upon 'Full time', I must consistently remind myself to focus on the positive. 'It's a beautiful day...'.

It is beautiful.

Friendly? Hmmmm.... (depends on one's definition).

Safe?
Well..... (depends on one's definition and experiences)
Golf Carts: How many times has one had a golf cart pull in front of a moving car?
Rules of the road when losing one's lane, "MERGE" also includes "YIELD" ...does one pull out in front of a Semi as one is MERGING into an Interstate Highway? ...similarity is Semi vs Car & Car vs Golf Cart....WHICH is going to 'lose'? I have seen golf carts pull out without YIELDING so many times it is just past ridiculous. I have seen a golf cart HIT a pedestrian in a cross walk due to the golf cart not coming to a stop at a STOP sign with a pedestrian cross walk (how many pedestrian cross walks are there?..not many!). The pedestrian placed a hand out and JUMPED as the golf cart hit...therefore pedestrian was pushed forward in the air and landing on feet. Pedestrian yelled at driver and then walked away...no 'report').
I have also experienced a Golf Cart driver running a stop sign & pulling in front of my car (after I applied the breaks with much force so as not to hit said golf cart). The Golf Cart driver's response to this experience was a 'Friendly' one finger wave (as one might imagine, the golf cart driver was using the middle finger).
Bicycles - riders must have a 'suicide wish'. Why in the world would one ride on a busy road with 'narrow' lanes combined with Senior drivers? Seriously!!

It is Beautiful.