View Single Post

Old 06-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

Queasy, I used to have bouts of hypoglycemia and get shaky if I didn't eat. My DH used to fall asleep in the afternoon after eating and since we have been watching our grains and sugars (incl fruit) neither of us is experiencing the lows. Years ago we read Sugar Blues and so we have known about the effects of sugar, but of course life was too busy to do anything major about our diet or lifestyle.

I am really grateful that we both now have the time and desire to pay attention to our body's subtler messages. Our life's work has been focussed on clearing our "emotional body" and the brain/body connection. Over the years we came to the understanding that supporting our body to let it do its healing work was of paramount importance so now in our 70's it has become our focus. Better late than never! Sometimes we get in our heads so much, we don't "hear" the body talking.

BTW Dr. Mark Hyman, an MD of Functional Medicine has a great program out called The Diabesity Prescription that really is a balanced approach to eating and he has helped diabetics change their lifestyle and diet and reduce or eliminate their meds. If you google him, you can get really good info on his website. We read his program and did our best to follow it and I think that was a turning point for our hypoglycemia. I believe that the intermittent fasting (8 Hour Diet) was the process that reset the insulin receptors and supported the fat burning.

Hope this isn't too wordy. I never can tell if anyone is really interested.

LW888