View Single Post

Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
You can't tell by looking around how much money people have here. Can't tell by the clothes or the cars or even by their houses. I think there are people here with tons of money and others who are barely getting by. But regardless, some people spend like it's going out of style. I think everyone would feel safer if they were on some kind of budget.
This is so true here. Except for some of these that love to flaunt it and show what they have..(many are the ones that have an identity/holier than thou issue). Lol, it is hard to tell who has what here. I find though in conversations often that many love to travel. To the point of 4-5 cruises, overseas travel a year, but than can't find the money to pay for a car repair, or landscape maintenance. Much is priorities.
Maybe some, and in this case could be true here, that they WANT to appear they have money to keep up with the Jones per say. Maybe to fit in, or maybe to want to live the lifestyle they feel they should finally have in their age. This is true in all communities. Many have nothing but appear they do, and many have a lot and appear they don't. The real issue is to temper what one can have within their means and not worry what others think. Money should not buy friends or happiness, but is nice to be comfortable.