Thread: Paris
View Single Post

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Default Paris

I just saw your inquiry and by now you may have found a place to stay. Have been to Paris 11 times and stayed in different arrondissements (neighborhoods) and types of lodging. For a week, an apartment is best as you can eat meals there and not have to get dressed for breakfast. I found great apartments on **** and Drawbridge to Europe. Look at Citadines which is a bit pricey but on the bank of the Seine. I look for one that is central so that I can walk and also close to a metro line. The metro gets pricey to use a lot and I prefer to be central and walk everwhere using the metro for more outlying areas but not to get back and forth from where we stay to the heart of the city. We have stayed in the Marais, 3rd arrondissment with good restaurants and grocery stores and metro stops, walking to Notre Dame; in Germain des Pres, 6th arrondissement- restaurants, groceries, Musee d'Orsay, walk everywhere; Latin Quarter, 5th, a bit busier and touristier , look closer to the Seine. Personally I would avoid the Montmartre area and the area around La Madeliene as it is too commercial without good reasonable restaurants. On our last trip we stayed for a week in an apartment behind the Orsay, 2 blocks from the Seine and could walk everywhere- with our son and his family and then we stayed a week in a hotel near Le Louvre- La Normandie with a good breakfast. (Our son had left and the apartment with 2 bedrooms was too expensive for us to stay in as we wanted to stay an extra week.) If you haven't already booked, and would like to talk, send a reply. Bonne chance et bonne voyage.