View Single Post

Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post

A reverse question which I will ask again...........can "non joiners" as people have called them.........really find happiness in TV? What about living each day, one day at a time, without running from club to club? What about the people from small mountain towns. Those who are the creative type who enjoy activities in small doses, not "round the clock" busyness?
SC, I know you've asked this question before, here is just one humble opinion.

There are many "non joiners" happily living in The Villages. There is some busyness at the Rec Centers, in the Town Squares and at the Shopping Plazas. And many people thrive on the activities. But also, there is a lot of serenity within the neighborhoods themselves.

People from small mountain towns might want to consider a smaller home on a view lot over a large home with kissing lanai's. We came from a rural area. We enjoy golf, the town squares and the activities offered by The Villages lifestyle. But we love returning to our home. We spend a lot of relaxing time in our birdcage reading and watching the birds on the ponds.

I think that older, established neighborhoods are probably quieter than the new areas south of 466A, which have a lot of young retirees looking for new adventures.