View Single Post

Old 07-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

It think that it would be difficult to write about any subject as broad as the ones that this lady has tackled in a way that would make sense to anyone not reading the whole article. If someone were really drawn in and attracted to the subject from the first part of any article, then I would think that they would continue to read and would also start researching more info about it. But I'm not about to debate about labelling or not, or about any of the info. I just thought it was an interesting read and might encourage some people to think about the issue.

I get our longhorn beef from a local farmer down the road as we live on the western end of town and have fast access to farms. The couple are retired dairy farmers who sold their farm and started raising Texas Longhorns as a hobby. They sell the beef, one cow at a time, from a freezer in their garage, and they charge $3 a lb for hamburger and the roasts for $5 and the fillets for $12. The rest of the beef (ribs and stewing beef etc) is $5 a package so it is a very economical source for us for which we are most grateful and appreciative!

We also have a weekly farmers' fresh market for meat, produce, cheese and eggs etc as well as a separate weekly organic market, so we are very well served up here.

The Brownwood market works well for us in TV and we can get grassfed hamburger at Publix. And the fish stand at the market is great so we manage quite well in TV too. But we do eat out more there!

LW888