Thread: New Pastor
View Single Post

Old 07-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not to detract from this thread or take away from the fine parish of St.Vincent de Paul but just mentioning that Fr. Ed, our pastor at St. Timothy is a warm and good person and a funny guy and avid golfer and we have lots of retired priests offering the Masses, two each weekday and many on Saturday and Sunday.

Will someone tell me if this statement is true? I head somewhere that St. Timothy was either the largest Roman Catholic parish in Florida or in the top number. Not sure of this. It is a big bunch of folks even during daily Mass.

And nice folks too.
Well Gracie, you know what can happen if you start a sentence with "I read somewhere..." on TOTV! But this may be one of those benign rumors, which just gets answered by someone who knows the facts. That happens once in a while.

Now I heard that St. Tims set the record for paying off their building debt. You have to do that in order to have a church consecrated. I don't know if that has happened yet, but my info comes from a really nice person who would never spread rumors.