View Single Post

Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
perhaps in the dictionary, but with food most don't draw the line where they should.

If folks could do it do U think so many would be over weight?

Moderation is word used by people who don't have will power, it's an excuse.

is it one cookie or 6, next time is it.......
I "hear you" but , in my own opinion, I would think that many when they say "moderation" are referring to the fact that on a daily basis they would adhere to a sensible diet (whatever that may be for them personally) but they would enjoy "other foods" when celebrating an occasion with family and friends.....again, whether it be a holiday dinner or an evening out.
Just my opinion.

To me, moderation would not mean indulging in ice cream for dessert at every meal, or even each night...........but never say never......in other words, not so strict that one can never enjoy a certain food or dessert.

We hardly eat beef anymore...........but if we were having a barbecue, I would indulge in a grilled hamburger.........

Also, when one has a family that visits.........one has to think of all the varied "tastes" and make something for everyone.......

If one lives alone, it's a lot easier to stick to a more rigid routine..........

But I totally understand all of those who proclaim "All things in moderation".......

There are folks who could eat a thin sliver of cheesecake at a celebratory meal........while there are others who could devour the entire cheesecake.