View Single Post

Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I agree with you Rocketman,, I really don't believe the upgrade was because of competition, that kinda of planning goes way down a chain of events in retail, from 5 year planning and budgetary considerations, to market analysis, to an analysis of store activity plans. Every store resets their store planning 2 x a year and they plan a total redo prob every 5 to 7 years. Its part of a large merchandising program.

HOWEVER,,, let me say this... the staff in the Sweetbay Villages store look like they are very discontent and unhappy but if you were to go to the Sweetbay in Belleview, you would be amazingly surprised. Everyone there is extremely friendly, so nice, it was scary, LOL.... So I think it has to do with a lot of other issues,,, perhaps we villagers are not very nice to the store staff at Sweetbay in the Villages???? Did ya ever think???
We have friends who live in oklawaha and they love the sweetbay in bellview. Publix biggest competition is from walmart just like it is for any grocery retailer. That is why you see the comparison prices on tv and in the paper. As for lunch meat I can't believe $8.00 a pound. I get the buffalo chicken butterball brand at walmart,