View Single Post

Old 08-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Question T-890 Batteries

Re: "Why did I buy T890s? The “standard” Trojan 8 volt battery used in TV is the T875. The cost including installation and taxes of the T875 is $625.40. The cost for the same job using T890s is $740.94. That is a substantial uptick in cost, $115.54 or 18%. I honestly cannot tell you the added cost will be worth it and I will not have any way to prove it is worth it in the future. I have no test bed to compare T875 versus T890, so any information would just be my opinion and subjective."

Hopefully enough time has elapsed for an opinion on the T890's you installed (20 months ago?). How many miles do you get vs how many with the old (T875?) ones? Does it look like they will also give longer life. Would you buy them again?
I'm not happy replacing batteries on my Club Cars, DS models, every 3 years but accept that as a fact of life- at least until they prove the two new Trojan models perform as claimed. However, I cannot live with the limited range of 30 miles when new and decreasing to 20 or less over time. If I can't get 30 miles consistently, I'll have to switch to gas but really prefer electric. After reading numerous posts you made, any comments from you on this subject will be greatly appreciated.