View Single Post

Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
I moved to TV about four years ago with a lot of negative comments from friends and even my doctor ringing in my head. It was difficult leaving everyone in Long Island NY since its the only home I have ever known, and being single was scary since I knew no one in TV.

Then something happened to make me realize this is the place for me -- one day I was leaving Savannah Center and saw a lady having some difficulty with her golf cart. As I got closer I saw she was trying to attach her walker to the cart with bungee cords. I offered help and it took a moment to attach everything. She commented that she must be getting old because she's never had trouble before with the bungee cords. She told me as she drove away, she was 92! I realized right there and then that it's the way I want to approach 92 -- tying my walker onto my golf cart!!! Talk about a great place to live healthy and enjoy life - unbelievable!
Feel this hug. The folks senior to me are my heros and heroines. Been young and loved it. Now old-er and loving it too. It is so nice to be among friends who understand me at this stage of my life. Peers are great.