View Single Post

Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Florida is not for everyone and TV is not for everyone. We are just building here now. We have close relatives within 30 monitored of here and several friend's and clients in Florida, from here on down to Tampa, Sabastian, Naples ... All over. We are from Blatimore and find the summers in TV to be no different except there is a breeze in TV. Yes it is hot and humid. Before making Theighs and ordering a home, i talked to a couple dozen Village residents. I talked in length with all of our friend's and relatives. Granted, this does not amount to a scientific survey, not eben close but it satisfied us. Something very interesting was noted. Everyone, yes, everyone who lived here YEAR ROUND for over three years found it okay. All of them (who stayed full time, said tis the best place they have lived. We surmise that the key is assimilation. Of course, these are the same people who now wear winter ski coats when the temperature drops to the low 60s. And, most of the people we know lived in Maryland or Northern Virginia, up to Phili, all of which have hot humid summers.(and I might add, slushy, bone penetrating winters.
As to the 2011 comments about people being discouraging to moving to TV. They are like we used to be regarding TV. When it is explained, it is sust another planned retirement community. After you're here, you experience it, and -as most of you reading this know- you gotta be part of it.
Th Th Tha Tha that's all folks!