View Single Post

Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Gold member

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Danskos.
They are the shoe of choice for RNs. They make a clog that you will see on almost any nurse you pass in a hospital. We are on our feet 12 hrs a day, often and shoes are more than a fashion statement.
Danskos are from Sweden (as I recall) An American couple found them, loved them and bought the company. They are not cheap. But they are fantastic.
Now, they have a stiff sole, high arch and not for those with plantar faschitis. But if you need arch support and a ergonomic shoe they are great!!!!
The have a 2 inch heel, being a clog. But they also make lots of cuter shoes. I have great 3" heel boots that I wear here all winter. I get tons of compliments on them, and seriously I can wear them all day...so comfortable.
Also.....BORN shoes. from Germany I believe. Also not cheap, but I can wear their 3" sandals from the time I wake up until I climb into bed. They are very well designed for comfort and that is what you are paying for. Worth every penny in my book.
I am on my feet far too often to be uncomfortable or to damage my feet. I will pay the $$ for shoes that will be ergonomically good for me. I figure I will save money and agony too in the long run;.
The Born sandals are pretty sexy too, I must say. I would never spend the money on the designer shoes but I will gladly plunk down big buck for shoes that will be nothing but a pleasure to wear!