View Single Post

Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Smile Upset with my moving to The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Has anyone every been discouraged about moving to the Villages when they were thinking about moving there. I have seen that with me. There is one person, in particular, who is constantly doing that. He will say something negative about Florida or the Villages. Is it just jealousy or what. Why don't people just mind their business. I would not say anything to anyone if they would like to move somewhere that I would not want to move. As the saying goes, "To each his own."
I have a friend that was negative about my moving to The Villages. I couldn't understand why. I have invited her to come visit me, but she hasn't come yet. I'm living here almost 12 years. I've come to realize that that she will never visit, even though I've gone back North to visit her. I worked in New Jersey for 31 years and that is where we became friends. I have no family in New Jersey, so I have no reason to visit except to see her. We now just exchange Christmas cards. So sad because if she wasn't so negative, I know she would love it here.