View Single Post

Old 08-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

I too love being my age. People who are younger can not understand it when I say that and it amuses me. Of course there are a few downsides to age, BUT I love that all the things I wanted to be when I grew up, that pressured me so much, aren’t there any more. I either am or I’m not, and I don’t worry about it any more. I don’t have to concern myself with career or raising kids or keeping up with anyone. All I have to think about is how to be the best ME I want to be today. I don’t finish books I don’t like; I don’t finish food I don’t like and waste (waist) the calories; I don’t sit through meetings trying to keep my mind focused in a social group of which I don’t really want to be part. I will wear a bathing suit or a sleeveless top knowing my body parts don’t look as good as a models. And that’s ok with me! I don’t feel I have to compete anymore. I’m ‘old’ in society’s eyes and I embrace it because it has freed me. I can feel fine with my flaws and not resent them the way I did when I was young. The bump in my nose and the jiggle in my arms are just me. None of this was possible 30 years ago.