View Single Post

Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Just out of curiosity do you have any surveys/comments from customers that USED to have a water softener and switched to your product?

I have had a water softener for over thirty years. I lived in NJ and had a well for 25 of those years and the softener was a necessity to me. When I moved to TV I did not like the feel of the water so I got a softener and I am very happy with it. I started with the potassium one in TV and switched over to the salt one because the potassium was bad because of a health problem.

As an aside, what can yours do better?

Z
Z, we had a water softener here for 6 years using potassium salt. We started to get a funny taste in our water from our fridge. We thought it was the fridge filter and changed it out but the problem persisted. Turns out the resin in the softener was leaching into the water output. It was going to cost $400 to fix the resin problem plus another $400 for a chlorine filter since they blamed chlorine for the demise of the resin tank. I decided to have it removed.

We got the Nova filter system in July and have noticed no problems with washing clothes, dishes, or ourselves. It is so nice to have no odor or funny taste in our tap water. The fridge filter is essentially superfluous. We are quite satisfied with the filter system and expect the filters to last about a year. I like the presence of the input and outflow gauges so we can monitor the filter performance easily.

If you decide to get one, I would suggest having it installed. I did it myself and, while it wasn't overly difficult, it did get a bit frustrating at times.