View Single Post

Old 08-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastDawg View Post
I have friends who bought here twelve years ago and visited for just two weeks each year, renting it out in the busy season to defray running costs. They have now stopped renting it out and moved here. Maybe a lot of the "younger" buyers have the same plan?

I live in a neighborhood that was built around 2000 and most residents have been here since then. However, there have been a number of deaths/relocations in the past few years resulting in those in their 70's and 80's being replaced by people in their 50's and 60's. It has given the neighborhood new life and vigor.

The biggest change I envisage is the separation of The Villages from one amorphous area into several - especially now that development south of 466A is proceeding in leaps and bounds. Living north of 466, I doubt that I shall visit Brownwood more than once or twice a year; likewise, many living south of 466A may rarely visit Spanish Springs.

One sign of this change is the withdrawal of the airport shuttle from Spanish Springs. I expect it will start calling at Brownwood in the not-too-distant future.
I think the airport shuttle leaving only from Lake Sumter Landing is because of how many people need the door-to-door service and find that attractive, and the price for that short taxi ride from home to station is cheap. Also, they have more departures now, instead of adding a half hour to each one by picking up at two stations.