Thread: Giovanni's
View Single Post

Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I thought it was a nasty place. dirty floors and walls and I was afraid to look in the kitchen.
This is the type of input which I find more valuable than someone's opinion of the food. Is the restaurant clean? Is the service good? Granted, there can be a bit of variability even in answers to those questions (How clean is clean? Is waiting for 15 minutes for a server to appear acceptable to you?, etc.), but I have found significant variability in opinions on food which appear to be based upon personal previous experiences with the cuisine. We have relatives who love Giovanni's, and when we have been there (it has been a while), the service was good, the restaurant was clean (restrooms can tell you a story or two about the upkeep!), but in our OPINION the food was unremarkable. This doesn't make anyone else wrong, it just means that we choose to look elsewhere. And yes, it leaves more open tables for those of you who enjoy the restaurant!