View Single Post

Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
On September 9th at 0850 hours yours truly got EVERYONES attention at Colony Pool....all 85 of them....I said "Don't shoot the messenger but we've had complaints from swimmers about the current that is caused from everyone walking in a circle....you are now asked to walk back & forth in a straight line to try to prevent this problem for the swimmers....and by all means do not get in their lanes nor impede their progress."

This happens every year....and is at its pinnacle in the heat of the summer WHEN THERE"S 85 PEOPLE IN THE POOL. There's no way of being adult about this. You've got complainers on both sides that come to me and claim I KNOW SO & SO and can really make it bad for you. Yeah threat towards me. Frankly my dear......We're volunteers that provide a service for all that want to get/stay active & vertical. Some of you that have posted on here know me. I'm always available to listen to reason...BUT....there's his story, her story, then the truth.....

Swimmers - I don't understand why you come to a pool and complain about swimming when you're obviously there to exercise. Lets go for a relaxing swim? You relax afterwards.

Walkers - First of all not ALL walkers prior to water aerobics STAY for water aerobics so lets let OTHERS share the blame too. Secondly I don't understand why you come to a pool and walk 20/30 minutes prior to water aerobics and then stand around during the program when much of the time the only thing that's moving are your lips. You know who you are.

Finally if you wait 2 months pool attendance will drop dramatically....WHAT you say...but the Snowbirds will be arriving....and so will cooler temps....and with that reduces both walkers & swimmers. I've had as few as 12 in Feb in attendance....no swimmers. Some instructors refuse to go out if the ambient temp is below 60.

As I previously mentioned....there's no adult way to handle this so suck it up and get over it....you're in The Villages enjoying, or at least should be, all the greatness this place has to offer. Just remember....put yourself in the other persons shoes. You might be receiving a number outside the gate awaiting entry....that is if you have gotten there early enough to receive a number lower than 85.

And for the swimmers who like to walk in an "stake their lanes" by laying down their towels at the edge of the pool prior to the end of water aerobics....do you save seats in the front row to see Rocky & The Rollers? That's what I thought. Shame on you.

At NO time are the lanes removed prior to 10 min before the hour....at least by the clock that's hanging on the post.....we don't go by your watch....

Upon completion of water aerobics the participants replace the lanes for the next ????? If you swimmers want to move the process along and HELP, I'm sure all concerned would be appreciative.

C Ya Monday and like Meryl says SMILE

Steve AKA The Terminator
Mondays Instructor
Hahaha.......

I hate it when you hold back like that!

*waving* Miss you Steve!