View Single Post

Old 09-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Default In home care

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeriesmith View Post
Well the difference is the kind services they provide. In an assisted living facility residents are given assitance with their day to day activities like laundry, meals, transportation and others. While in a nursing home they are given 24 hour care by licensed medical staff like nurses. Because residents of nursing homes are more like with illnesses that need daily medical assistance. But both of these can be covered if you have purchase a long term care insurance.
Thank you for the explanation. My mother that lives with me at 95 yrs old is very, very sharp and have her mind. I would need someone to cover me some times. She is able to get around in her walker but I would lime to go to GA and visit my Son. I have had Mother for over 9 1/2 years so I don't have any ideas what it would cost to have some one cone here. Mother can do her own thing if I have food arranged and she just have to heat it up and needs helps with her bath a couple times a week. Trying to finding here if there are qualified individuals to do this for me? ??????? thank you!