Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 12-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Gold member
Default Re: When did you start the motorcycle hobby???

I started when I was about 22 years old with a Yamaha Maxium 400. Had stint where I didnt have any bikes for a while but the love of motocycles never left me. Since then Ive had a BMW R90S, Yamaha FZ600, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, CZ 250, Suzuki DR640, Suzuki GS500, Yamaha Road Star Silverado, Honda Valkyrie, Victory Kingpin, Suzuki DL1000 VStrom, etc.

I generally dont keep one bike very long as I like to try new things, but my latest bike the DL1000 really is a great ride. It does everything very well. Its comfortable for day long rides; its plenty fast, really fun in the twisties and can hit the trails and fire roads should you have a mind to.

My wife and I ride almost exclusively two up and although she misses the comfort of the big Valkyrie we have a lot of fun on the new Suzuki. Whats next? Who knows, but its always fun shopping for new bikes. I told my wife before we got married that I will always have a least one bike in the garage, maybe more. Some day if Im ever too old and decrepit to ride Ill still have a bike sitting in the garage just so I can go out once in awhile, fire it up and remember the good old days.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.