View Single Post

Old 12-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Founder
Default It is so frustrating

Are there any contractors around here that tell the truth, show up when they say they are going to, and do what they say they are going to do? ??? We are having some construction work done at our house, and while the company is doing a great job on the work itself, they just can't seem to tell us a straight story.
They're absolutely going to be here at 9 a.m. then show up at 10. We'll be back tomorrow, sometime. NO SHOW. The parts will be here Thursday......sorry, no parts til two weeks. Yep, We did that yesterday....ah....our office is going to do that this morning.....ah....our girl was out today....and she'll do that as soon as she gets back......ah.....I'm going to get right on that.....ah....BS. AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH. I understand there are complications in every construction job, but by God, just because we are old enough to live in the Villages, does not make us stupid. There is nothing more aggravating that being lied to when the truth will serve just as well.

When we were getting bids for this job, one estimator showed up and had no idea what he was there for. (He actually said. I don't know why I'm here, my work order is blank) No brochures, no tape measure....no nothing.

The absolute worst experience was when we had our pool installed by a local company. It was a screaming match on the phone every day (I MEAN EVERY SINGLE DAY) for four months. There were periods of four weeks during which nobody would show up to do any work. I am so tempted to post their name here so that you will all know what to consider before you deal with these people.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm unlucky. You guys probably get great service all the time.