Thread: Goodbye # 42
View Single Post

Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm also a Red Sox fan and I hated what he did to the Sox. But I admire him for being the greatest ever at his job and as DonH57 said, he was a class act.

In the final game of the ALCS, Riviera blew a save that sent the Red Sox to the World Series which was the first one that they won in 86 years. In 2005 on opening day, the Red Sox were playing the Yankees at Fenway and they had the flag raising and ring ceremony. The Yankees were introduced one by one and had to stand on the third base line during the ceremony. When Marianno was introduce, he got a huge ovation from the fans reminding everyone of how he blew that save. He broke out into the biggest grin and waved to all the Red Sox fan. That's what the game should be all about.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.