View Single Post

Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Founder
Default Re: Where are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochyrams59
Glen and Marian Shanor here since 1999. Born and raised in Rochester, Pa, built first house in Center Twp in 1966, (Monaca, Pa), sold it and moved to North Sewickley Twp in 1971 (Beaver Falls), transferred to (Westinghouse) Fayetteville, NC in 1981, transferred to Asheville, NC in 1983, transferred to (Eaton Corp, Business Buyout) Milwaukee, WI in 1995, transferred back to Asheville, NC in 1996, Transferred back to Milwaukee, WI in 1997, then declined a transfer to the Dominican Republic in 1999 and decided to retire instead. The Villages is a great place to live although it getting too large for me, not sure I can adapt to the crowds at this time.
I worked at WBVP radio in Beaver Falls back in the 60s. I roomed in Monaca at a home owned by an elderly lady whose son was a Monaca policeman. Her name was Kalervo. The sons name was Lolli Kalervo (or Kolervo) Mrs. Kalervo's husband died, but had a great bunch of antique cars in the basement of their house. She left them exactly as they were when he died. They were in mint condition and covered with dust.