View Single Post

Old 10-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
John, your kitchen is beautiful. Could I ask who did your living room floors? (I can't find a way to send you a PM).
We had linoleum in the kitchen and foyer and carpet in the dining room. We only needed 300 sf to replace all that with one surface. We used engineered hardwood in 5" planks from Great Lakes. The job was done in four hours and was less than $2,000 installed, so that's a little over $6.00 a sf installed. They are the same sub that installed the carpet in our area during construction. We also used them in the past for the tile backsplash in the kitchen and indoor/outdoor carpet in the lanai.

Quote:
I'm thinking of replacing the laminate counter tops in my white kitchen. I would love to hear what people have put with their white cabinets as to color. What colors granite they chose or high def laminate?
We had gone to two places for granite estimates. We have 65 sf of counter tops and for level 1 granite it would of cost about $3,500 installed with a new undermount stainless sink and faucet. So for now we've put that on the back burner because I wanted the refacing first and then switching to stainless steel appliances. Up north we did the granite right away and went with 'Santa Cecilia', it a middle grade level 2 and is a goldish yellow color with black specks.

Quote:
I purchased a preowned home which had light colored wood cabinets. I had them spray painted a cream color and installed new countertops. I have a whole new kitchen without the price of a total renovation and I love my painted cabinets.
Leenie, your kitchen turned out great. We considered going with a white paint job from Investment painters, would of been about $1,000 dollars whereas the refacing ran us $4,500. I could of almost done the granite with the difference but with refacing they actually put in new doors and drawer fronts plus hinges and hand pulls. So we went that route, but your painting looks great!!