View Single Post

Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Maybe true that dogs are good but I don't think they belong at a restaurant. What if one is there and a second comes in and doesn't get along with the first. There's a fight and someone gets bit. Who's responsible the dog owners or the restaurant owner ? Just a question.
I believe the dog owner would be responsible, just like they are responsible for the actions of their dog anywhere else. But if a private business has concerns about law suits then they can ban (non-service) dogs. It's their choice. If they choose to allow dogs in designated areas, that's their choice. But in all the time I've lived here I've never see multiple dogs on patios and I've never witnessed a dog fight on the street, square, etc. I'm sure it's happened on a rare occasion, but the majority of dog owners I see have good control of their dogs and know how to avoid potential problems.

My main point is that there are all kinds of allowable activities around here that some folks don't like. Whether it be dogs in public, unruly kids, line dancers, drinking in the square, bicycle riders, joggers, etc., etc. But if it's allowed, it's allowed...and if someone doesn't like it, they can leave. There's always going to be someone who doesn't like something. If we outlawed all the activities that people complain about, we might as well just sit on the porch in a rocking chair and knit booties and carve wood. I think folks need to lighten up and not sweat the petty stuff (or pet the sweaty stuff).