View Single Post

Old 02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages
Default Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

> We decided to try out Whiskey Creek Wood Fired Grill today, before company comes into town
Well I can tell you we wont be going back there with or without company!
YUK...we wanted a nice burger and figured great....wood fired has to be delicious
WELL..maybe it would have been if the beef had a shred of flavor in the first place
BUT it didnt...it was horrible...strings of fat in it..and dry as a bone, no flavor whatsoever
not even the flavor of a grill never mind remotely tasting of beef
If someone blindfolded me I couldnt tell what I was eating
The roll was a store bought Kaiser type...cheese looked like a square out of a pre-wrapped kraft package
I asked for raw onion, and two thin shreds of onion arrived ...had they spared a few more scraps MAYBE that could have added some flavor...
and then the side....oh myyyy was supposed to be a cheddar mashed potato...again horrible
Hubby ordered a slow roasted all night pot roast....and he sent back almost a full dish of fat scraps, and his carrots were totally raw.........the waitress explained...if you want them cooked more YOU need to tell them
oh ok...sorryyy we just assumed they were going to be cooked along with the roast...silly of us
anyway..........Thats OUR opinion of the place :'(