View Single Post

Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

We were looking forward to having a restaurant in Sumter Landing that was going to be a Steak House, so we were very excited about dining at the Grand Opening of Whiskey Grill Steakhouse. We call some friends of ours to meet us there to check it out, only to be sooo!!! disappointed with the food, service and the manager. We asked out waitress which steaks were the best and she told us the flat iron steak was great so our friends, my husband and I ordered the steak. When our server brought our food out he was confused as to who got what and thought he had the wrong table so I thought I'd help him out, only to have the server turn his back to me ignoring me altogether and then turning around with an attitude and put his hand in front of my face and proceeded to tell me to relax when all I was trying to do was tell him the food was ours. We then started to try and enjoy our meal. My steak and baked potato were cold and the steak was dry and over cooked with no flavor. My husband's steak was undercooked and bland. Our friends had the steak and the twice baked potatoes and vegetables. Their twice baked potato was cold and dry with no flavor at all so they asked to exchange it for a sweet potato, which they did exchange but then when we received our bill they had charged them for the twice baked potato when it was suppose to come with the meal. Their vegetables tasted old and over cooked. We then asked to speak to the manager, Scott whom the waitress said was the floor manager or assistant because the regular manager wasn't there which surprised me since this was their "Grand Opening". The manager finally arrived after keeping us waiting for awhile and we begin telling him what our experience had been like and voicing our concerns, to our surprise him seemed very unconcerned, as a matter of fact he disputed that the vegetables weren't fresh and just nodded his head and then said he was sorry and that was that. Needless to say we'll never go back to this restaurant ever!! We felt as though that the manager didn't appreciate our business and didn't care if we returned or not, so we won't.