View Single Post

Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: The attitude that a certain group here seems to have?

First, I'm a New Yorker...born in Brooklyn and raised on....Long Island. Went to high school in Manhatten and had my first beer at McSorley's Olde Ale house in the Village. I left the city at age 20 via the military and I quickly realized there were profound regional cultural differences that make us who we are....differences good and not so good. New Yorkers are fast paced folks.....walk fast, talk fast and work fast and as such, can be impatient with folks who are slower paced i.e. the rest of the civilized world. This impatience could be interpreted as rude. New Yorkers are also quick to point out business foibles such as poor service and poor quality and they may do this in a very vocal way "read loud". Most New Yorkers will let you know where you stand with them...good standing and bad standing....also in a very vocal way.....kind of they do business. New Yorkers may interpret a demeanor of silence and reservation as (sp) as unopen, uncooperative and even a little sneaky. After living away from the city for so long, I've learned better and I now can take the fast pace of NYC and the folks that live there in small doses. My dos centavos.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL