View Single Post

Old 10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
we do have an element of snobbery (for lack of anything better to lable it) here in TV that seems to have certain measurements of certain areas to look down on, like Wildwood and Fruitland Park.

The knowledge of these areas is second through 25th hand....no real experience.

Some of us as kids lived in areas that would aspire to that of the good people of Wildwood and Fruitland......probably more than most would admit.

Just remember for the imagined "bad" you all have of these areas just try to remember that most....95% or more are good wholesome folks with kids, grand kids and retirees that look and act no differently than where most of us came from.

How do you measure these folks when you are in church? Is it OK there too to have an uppety attitude of folks who either may not have what some of us are fortunate enough to have or may have chosen to not be where such attitudes of one's fellow man reside????????

Lighten up....they are your neighbors and would help you in a heart beat....set rumors, old maids stories, BS and prejudice aside....when you are in the shower you look just like they do.....

btk
You are so right. We were all kids at some point and as long as they are just having a great time and not being destructive, relax and enjoy them and their enthusiasm. They will have plenty of real issues to deal with all too soon.

I agree that the element of which you speak (snobbery) exists a little too much here at times. I and some of our neighbors have experienced it first-hand and we live here! There are some that seem to think that certain amenities belong solely to them when they are around and that they can set rules. Our neighborhood pool and some of the other facilities have had this problem. We just all need to strive to be a little kinder and willing to share. Everyone here pays for the amenities and as such, are for all to enjoy. The public areas are just what they are....public and open to anyone, young or old.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."