View Single Post

Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: If you could ask Mark Morris one Question!

I think Mr. Morse has a very clear idea what The Villages will look like in 10 to 15 years in terms of condition, population, economic demographic and boundary etc. Perhaps less clear is his vision of the properties (and businesses) that surround The Villages development area (and control to a large extent). My question relates to business development. The Villages will no longer sell land to businesses seeking to establish within The Villages boundaries. I've learned this from independent and very reliable sources. The Vlllages apparently will now only lease the land at a very hefty fee which often contributes to business owners rethinking locating here. Just examine the business development along the northern (neglected) side....this practice has severly squelched the continued development of the northern most perimeter along County Road 42. Less certain is the impact this "lease only" practice may have on business development south of CR 466A. If I had only one question to ask (but geez I have a lot more), it would be...why lease the land if it slows down business development? I think I know how he would respond....I just would like him to answer the question honestly if he's up to the challenge. ???
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL