View Single Post

Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Golf Store Prices

One word, "ebay". Just bought a Scotty Cameron Futura (lightly used) putter for 70 bucks. On ebay I recently saw new La Jolla Knife fairway hybrids...NEW...for $29 and those babies were running $250 retail a few years ago. I'm still mulling this purchase over ....I'm looking to replace my 3 wood with a 15 degree hybrid. The best deal I ever got online was through warriorcustomgolf.com where I bought 4 custom Warrior hybrids to replace my 5, 4 and 3 irons and 5 wood. The shafts are cut custom to your height and they are beautiful clubs plus they hit a ton and true....$20 each and I wouldn't trade 'em for the Nickent brand. A collegue at work bought those clubs before I did and when he told me what he paid, I thought he was getting hosed. We played a round the day after he recieved them. In the parking lot he pulled one of the clubs from the trunk of his car, plastic bubble wrap still on the head, handed it to me and asked "Whatya think?". I couldn't believe the quality. I tried the 17 degree on a fairway shot to the green...200 yards...ball landed like a butterfly just short of the green. Now that lucky shot doesn't happen to me all the time mind you. But damn it felt good and I thought, man I gotta get some of THESE! Even the best sales at retail stores can't match that deal. The issue with Warrior are the frequent email blasts you get regarding other deals...but all pretty good. Sheesh....so ya gotta hit right-click and delete once in a while....big deal. Plus, if you don't buy other stuff after a while, they remove you from their blast list. Let your mouse do the shopping. Hope y'all find this useful.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL