View Single Post

Old 04-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Founder
Default Re: Is It true that dogs are going to be banned in the Villages????

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercat
Life is way too short to worry about dog poop. Granted, I am a dog lover, and thank goodness most of my neighbors are too. When I take my dog for a walk (for his and my exercise) I never know when he has to "go," but when he does I pick it up and carry it home. I always have a bag with me. What's the big deal? I have yet to see anyone leave a pile anywhere in our neighborhood ... even at the walking trail near Lopez ... everyone picks up after their pets. Guess I believe there's more to life than worrying about dog poop. My pet peeve (no pun intended) is cigarette butts ... especially on the golf courses. At least the dog poop disintegrates in a day or two.
How nice for you to not worry about dog poop. There are lots of people who let their dogs relieve themselves in and around the yards of other people and just leave it there. I'm not sure how you can turn a blind eye to that kind of inconsiderate person.
There is a group of people who gather along the Lopez recreation trail every evening and let their dogs run without their leash. The dogs run free, chase, bark at and nip walkers, runners and bikers. I have seen as many as 10 dogs running free. Is that okay too? What puts some people above the rules while others obey them?