View Single Post

Old 04-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Default Re: Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

The 1st time we went to Whiskey Creek, which was about a month ago, I ordered a combo of St. Louis style ribs and chicken. The ribs were ohhhh sooooo delicious. They were meaty and tender (falling off the bone) and absolutely delicious!!! My husband had ordered a steak and said it was just OK. I let him taste my ribs and he agreed they were delicious. The chicken was OK...but I've not found good chicken down south yet!! (The color and consistency of all the chicken I've had since moving to FL leaves MUCH to be desired...but THAT is another story!!!) Anyhow, we could hardly wait to go back because I was going to order just the ribs to get more of the good stuff and my husband wanted the ribs as well. We went back with neighbors and 3 of us ordered the St. Louis Style Ribs. 2 of us had good ribs but 1 of us...ME...got the worse order of ribs imaginable. I looked across the table at our neighbor's and next to me at my husband's order and realized I had been cheated!!!! > It was the end cut with little bones, tons of grizzle and no meat to speak of and what meat there was had been burned crisp because of the small size of the ribs. Anyhow, I told our server who asked if I wanted to see the manager. I said, "no", but she insisted on telling him. He was immediatel at our table and when I showed him what I had, he said, "I am so sorry...that piece of meat should never have been served...it should have been tossed" He said he was VERY sorry and immediately authorized our server to take the price of my entire dinner (even though I ate the sides) off our bill. I was very impressed with their attentiveness to my situation when they became aware of it. We'll definitely give them ONE more chance and go with the best 2 out of 3 decision on future visits is. I think you need to be assertive and TELL them what you want and what you don't want.