View Single Post

Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Default Re: Virginia Tech shootings. What is causing this stuff?

Oh and as for the 2nd part of your question..."what is causing this"... Have you observed how people are raising (or NOT) their childen these days???? There is absolutely NO discipline by parents and heaven forbid that a school or educator should even speak harshly to little Jimmy or little Suzy...much less put a paddle to their behinds or send them to the principal's office where a call is made to home!!! Our society has become sooooo left wing and so liberal and we are destroying ourselves and our future generations. When I was in school we lived in mortal fear of some of the teachers, the principal...and then what would happen at home when our parents found out. I have observed parents trying to REASON with a screaming 3 year old in a grocery cart while the child is pummeling the parent!!! I heard a mother say to said out of control 3 year old, "...when we get home you will be setting in your time out chair..." TIME OUT CHAIR...are you serious???? I can tell you that NO child of mine would have even thought about carrying on in such a manner and neither would I as a child nor any of my siblings. We had respect for our parents and our elders and we were taught how to act and get along in a society. Then you have our judiciary system who also coddles these little tyrants and punishes anyone who tries to make a child behave in a civilized manner. While at a local restaurant last week, which was very crowded with people waiting to be seated, there was a young family with 4 children (ranging in age from 5 to maybe 12) and ALL of them stayed seated on the cushy bench while some very elderly and obvious physically impaired people tried to stand and wait on their canes and walkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was appalled that not only did the young parents remain seated and chatting with their friends but all of the children did the same. Was it not the parents responsibility to first of all set an example by standing up and offering their seats to the elderly and less able to stand AND was it not their responsibility to insist their children did the same and to even take them outside to explain WHY this was the right thing to do????? Behaviors are LEARNED. This murderer at Virginia Tech was not born to be a killer nor did he just wake up one morning and say, "I think I'll go kill some innocent people today" No...he LEARNED this behavior. I blame parents and our liberal society for the lack of caring people in the world today.