View Single Post

Old 04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Virginia Tech shootings. What is causing this stuff?

Let's consider the obvious logically. First, no one on earth will ever know the spiritual fate of Cho Seung-Hui. No one. If you're spiritual and believe he will be eternally punished, that's ok, but you/we will never know. His extinguishment my simply be oblivion with no after-life...... that may even be hell in and of itself. Next, I don't think murder is a behavior that is learned. If it is, then I, for one, would like to know who the instructors are. Are all the muderers now in prison there because of their parents? We may be able to blame somethings on our parents.....but not everything.....and certainly not in Cho Seung-Hui's case (IMHO). Insanity/delusion/schizophrenia is what it is and nothing else.......can parents be blamed for mental illness......hmmmm.....maybe in a genetic sense....but even that hasn't been proven. The crazies walk among us and occassionally they reveal themselves. They will always walk among us just as they walk among us here in The Villages and on college campuses (campi?)...and everywhere else. Some stats indicate the one in ten of us have some sort of mental disorder.....I think that's a little high but a visit to New York City or LA might be convincing. And as we age, dementia isn't all that uncommon. Bad parenting my be the root cause of rude and obnoxious kids and thence rude and obnoxious adults. But not murderers. Finally, there are those of us who were raised by strict parents who did a fairly good job instilling proper and courteous behaviors......and some of these folks (our age) are often rude and obnoxious. Go figure that one out.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL