View Single Post

Old 04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Iraq - Should We or Shouldn't We

Thanks for the response. I absolutely support our troops. I wore a uniform during the Vietnam conflict and I know what NO support is like. Heck, it was downright hostile at home. I love those serving in the armed forces, which is why I posed the question to the forum in the first place. I know our troops do well where ever they are and that they meet the challenge head-on while enduring hardship. I also know that they do a civil good in Iraq, building infrastructure, power systems, schools, hospitals whatever is needed.....there's no disputing that. The question that looms, is why.....why are we STILL in Iraq? What's the mission, what's the objective etc. etc. It sure looks like they're developing strategy on the fly. I know that day-to-day ops and short-term i.e. 30 day/6 mo. battle plans are highly detailed and thought-out. What I'm talking about is the larger picture. Oh....and a question you raised in your last post.....we're rebuilding their country 'cause we broke it (words of Colin Powell). Smart guy...Colin....love 'em. Wish he'd run for Prez.....heard his wife would fear for his safety if he ran for office and/or gets elected. Nothing scares Colin.....nothin bro....gotta respect the guy for adhering to his spouse's wish. That's a helluva guy. Yep.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL