Thread: Evans Prairie
View Single Post

Old 10-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Sage
Default Not sold on new menu

We went to Evans Prairie tonight for dinner and forgot they implemented their new menu. I was excited to see it. I must admit I was pretty disappointed. My mouth was watering for their shredded pork sandwich and my husband always gets the country fried chicken. However, when we opened up the menu neither was there. We were also going to order the onion rings but they were gone too. We ended up getting the schrooms which were good as always. So we went to plan B. Hubby ordered the stuffed chicken breasts and I the citrus chicken sandwich. We were both disappointed. I couldn't taste any flavoring in my sandwich and my husbands chicken breast had the exact same crust as the schrooms and the same filling. His Brussel sprouts were heavily coated in garlic, which he couldn't eat and the mashed potatoes were very dry and heavy. Needless to say he didn't eat much of his meal. We did address the meal with the manager and he was very apologetic and said he appreciated the feedback to he could tell the chef. He did take it off our bill and gave us a dessert to share, on the house. We eat at Evans Prarie about once a week and it is one of our favorites. However, with the menu change we will probably go more for lunch and not dinner. They took away the pub like food and replaced it with more upscale food. We kinda figured it was to increase the prices since the snowbirds were returning. We asked the manager why the menu change and he said they have been open for a year and it was time to change the menu. He said they were trying to make the place more upscale. They also took away a lot of the sandwiches. Here's another thing he told us, if you see something on the lunch menu that you want for dinner, except the flat breads, they will make it for you. I had told our server I wanted the pork sandwich, which was on the lunch menu, and she never offered it to me for dinner. I told,the manager that and he said he would inform the staff that lunch items were also available for dinner. I will definitely go back to Evans Prairie but most likely for lunch. The menu change was not in their favor, in my opinion.