View Single Post

Old 04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Default Re: Please tell us about your profession!

As long as I can recall, I was a teacher. As young..when playing school, I was always the teacher. I taught others to play games. I was also a wonderful student of baseball and football. Playing dolls with the girls was way to prissy for me. Get me into a game and I am happy.

So..after 5 colleges and a 15 year spring break, in which I worked, got married, had 2 wonderful daughters, worked, then went back to college I finally found myself with my first class in a public school. I had, before that run my own daycare, and had my own kindergarten. I progressed as my children grew. In the public school system I taught from kindergarten to 8th grade..ending up for 7 years in 7th and 8th grade teaching English, math, and computer science (created by me...for my action research project for my master's degree).

After 30 years of dedicating my life to my family and students, I retired. I still teach, however, as I see someone needing a small tip in golf, or in the pool while exercising, or friends needing help with computers. Just can't help myself.

I still learn everyday. A great teacher never stops teaching and never stops learning.