View Single Post

Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Default Re: Empire Zoysia Grass

In a new area of Duval, we have a "FertiGator" yard next to a "Zoysia Green" yard, and both know that the other is testing or watching. I have talked to half a dozen yard experts from several companies and here is a sampling of sales pitch/comments --- Ours is the best, Zoysia is our specialty, we are the oldest company, we do more yards in the villages than anyone, we kill surface bugs, we use bug repellant (not neighbor friendly), Zoysia needs iron, Zoysia doesn't need much nitrogen fertilizer, They are a good company, but are in the learning stage with Zoysia, Empire Zoysia is not like northern Zoysia, Cinch bugs don't like Zoysia as well as St. Augustine, our bug treatment is organic, they can't use bug killers in their method, our applicaion method is more constant, our method gives a more lush green, we do it all, "I'm your man!", Come to a free meal, half price for new cutomers, I'll give you an additional $50 off, first application is free, the green will come when the soil gets warmer, we also do aeration, we adjust sprinklers, that is an extra $10.00, we don't mow, we can also do shrubs, that's another $70.00 per year, you won't have weeds, we do soil analysis, our method uses less water, ants are not included, this agreement does not constitute a warrenty, any guarantee is conditional, 5% for prepayment, 10% for prepayment, ours is a little more money, but it's worth it, donuts installed @ $2.50, donuts installed at $3.50, as a professional I buy donuts for $0.23, --- this dribble goes on and on and if you can sort anything about growing the best grass, please respond: otherwise, I'll just have to go with the last salesmans prediction of "just wait til the grass starts to dry up next fall, and see who has the better lawn." Let's hope the grass does start growing, I'm a bit tired of paying each week to mow off a half inch of seed shaft!!!!!!!!!