View Single Post

Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Default Re: Villages police department.

I agree that the time has come for a greater law enforcement presence in The Villages. Unfortunately our gates are open allowing access to Sumter Landing and the Village Square to nonresidents. As a current Federal Law Enforcement Officer, I do not feel secure in my own home and feel the need to keep the doors locked even when I am inside.

The posted speed limits in the community appear to be a starting point. Everyone must obey the posted speed limits; residents, contractors and visitors. There are different approaches that could be taken regarding fines and penalties for speeders and motor vehicle law violators. First time violators could have their name's published in the newspaper, written warnings for second time offenders and for multiple offenders fines could be imposed. If the fines are not paid, then a lien is put on the property.

Most of us are concerned about safety and for those that are not as concerned need a gentle reminder and for some other only a set of silver bracelets will do:-)