View Single Post

Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Babbs. it seems like anyone and everyone is being tarred with the same brush if they seem impoverished. If you're panhandling, you're likely a gypsy (um, no, you're likely poor -- panhandling is hard work). If you go door to door offering to trim palms (common here year-round, especially after they've gone to seed), you're likely a gypsy (again, probably not). If you go door to door offering roofing, driveway, diseased trees issues, you're likely a gypsy (very possibly -- that is very much their M.O.).

You are right of course Redwitch. There are gypsies, tramps and thieves but I haven't seen them here.

The initial post was saying that someone was spotted begging, and someone saw a person on campus begging.

I said I knew that there were bands of travelers years ago, and we were off to the races.

Be safe. Be a little skeptical. Give to the food pantry and contribute used items to Goodwill and St. Vincent de Paul or any good charity of your choice.

Imitate Buggy one who regularly volunteers to serve food to the hungry.

It is all good. All good.

I know for sure Redwitch isn't a witch. Well I am pretty sure. She sits WAY over on the end seat across the political aisle from me, but I still love her.